OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL AGRICULTURE
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Formulate measures for the approval of the Sangguniang Bayan and provide technical assistance and support to the mayor, as the case bay be, in carrying out said measured to ensure the delivery of basic services and provisions of adequate facilities relative to agricultural services.
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the mayor, as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with agricultural programs and projects which the mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sangguniang Bayan is empowered to provide for under the Code;
- Ensure that maximum assistance and access to resources in the production, processing and marketing of agricultural and aqua-cultural and marine products are extended to farmers, fishermen and local entrepreneurs;
- Conduct or cause to be conducted location-specific agricultural researches and assist in making available the appropriate technology arising out of and disseminating information of basic research on crops, preventive and control of plant diseases and pests, and other agricultural matters which will maximize productivity;
- Assist the mayor, as the case may be, in the establishment and extension services of demonstration farms of aqua-culture and marine products;
- Enforce rules and regulations relating to agriculture and aqua-culture;
- Coordinate with government agencies and non-government organizations which promote agricultural productivity though appropriate technology compatible with environmental integrity;
- Be in the frontline of delivery of basic agricultural services, particularly those needed for the survival of the inhabitants during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters;
- Recommend to the Sangguniang Bayan and advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, on all other matter related to agriculture and aqua-culture which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of the inhabitants; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law of ordinance.
Prepared and Submitted by:
MARIA D. AP-APID